Our mission is simple: eliminating stigma through our positive public example.
- Expand awareness and recognition of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Encourage active participation of members and supporters in the work of the group.
- Actively participate in HIV/AIDS cycling related events.
- Advocate awareness and empowerment of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Maintain outreach to members, supporters and the HIV/AIDS community.
Positive Pedalers are the positive face of HIV.
We are a group of people committed to building a supportive and inclusive community through participation in bicycle-related activities. We are dedicated to expanding and enhancing public awareness of HIV and AIDS and empowering HIV-positive people to live more meaningful and dignified lives.
HIV infection rates continue to increase. Stigma stops many people from getting tested, and may prevent those infected from getting life-saving services and treatments. Stigma can create a silence within communities at a time when communication and understanding is paramount.
The simple slogan “Silence = Death” continues to ring true. Positive Pedalers know that there is power in riding together; that an orange Positive Pedaler flag placed on your bike is a beacon, to others and to yourself that HIV cannot and will not define who they are.